This is not your typical Valentine card...I created this with my hubby in mind. After I picked up my son from preschool, we went grocery shopping and saw these green M&M's single bags by the cashier. I had seen this Trash to Treasure project done by debbiedee and this was my inspiration piece: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...mp;thumbcheck. Check 0ut her blog, she has some other awesome examples of Trash to Treasure projects using empty toliet paper rolls. I also created a matching card to go with the candy.
This project was a "stretch" for me because:
- I have never decorated/altered a toilet paper roll before
- I am normally a hoarder so I only use my patterned paper for special gifts for friends and family. I finally opened up my now retired Stampin' Up dp called Playhouse. The dp I used matched the M&M candy wrapping pretty well.
- Normally my sentiments/journaling are stamped in one area and all of the words are altogether. This time, I decided to stamp and cut the words apart. Inspiration for this came from the newly released MemoryMakers magazine that I have been reading.
- This is the first I've inked up the $1 clear stamp I bought from Jo's about 3 yrs ago.
- Sad to post, I know, but...Normally I don't make enough cards for my hubby because we normally don't have time to think about each other (yes, I know that is bad) and exchange gifts like we used to. Normally our "date" consists of relaxing at home with the kids and watch a (a kid/animated) movie or favorite show until we all get tired then go to bed. To rekindle a little bit of romance into our lives, I thought I would surprise him with a little something. He called me before school started to thank me and told me how thoughtful I was.
stamps: $1 clear stamp from jo's, love matters, k marcella condensed alphabet paper: brocade blue/white cs, playhouse dp ink: old olive, versamark accessories: label template from archivers, dimensionals, wide blue grossgrain ribbon, empty toilet paper roll