Sunday, March 8, 2009

Majestic Buck Thank You

My hubby had volunteered me to make a quite unusual size thank you card to fit a gift certificate to one of our town's local stores. It had to fit an 8x3 1/2 envie. I normally don't make cards this size, but I took on the challenge. I had been wanting to use this deer stamp for awhile. The gift certificate was for someone at the school particularly for a person who coordinated the National Honor Society. The gift certificate came from one of our local town's sports/hunting store. So how approriate is this deer image, I ask? I still had some leftover masculine dp from creating DH's grandfather's gift and card and it looked great for the layout I was going to use.

I used Nesties Labels Two and stamped the deer in white first and then in Palette Brown ink for some depth on kraft cardstock. I did a little piercing on either side of the sentiment and created a banner like layer using vanilla cardstock and brown wide grossgrain ribbon.

stamps: penny black majestic buck paper: kraft/vanilla cs, memory block inspirations paper stack dp ink: palette burnt umber/new canvas, chocolate chip accessories: string, paper piercer, nestabilities labels two, dimensionals

0 comments: