Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Angels Landing September Blog Hop

Welcome to Angels Landing September Blog Hop. If you are coming here from Jennifer Scull's blog, then you are on the right path. If you missed the beginning of the hop, head on over to Judi's blog and follow the links. I was so thrilled when Judi had asked me to join in the fun this month. Just in time...since I was already having Angels Landing withdrawal - LOL! Thanks Judi!

Today, the Design Team is introducing two new digital image sets for September, Autumn Tweetings and  Ho Ho Hollydays - just in time for the upcoming holidays!

I created two samples today...a gift card stocking and christmas tag. Both projects uses images from Ho Ho Hollydays.



The first project is a Christmas stocking gift card holder. I used a stocking template provided by Papercrafts Magazine Nov-Dec 2008 issue (you can find the link here - Argyle Gift Card Stocking - scroll all the way down the page).


In the PC Magazine sample, they used an argly patterned paper and I was lucky enough to find some in my stash. I printed all of the template pieces twice and traced them on patterned paper twice as well. The other side is decorated the same as well. The top piece of the stocking is cut out of felt for some texture. The doggy image was so cute that I decided to use him on the front as an embellishment. The heel and toe pieces have been sewn with crochet thread. I used very thin tacky tape to adhere the front and back together to make sure it doesn't come apart. Leave the top part open to be able to insert the gift card.

Wouldn't this be a cute way to present a gift card? All the recipient has to do is pull on the attached ribbon to access the gift card. I love making two-in-one gifts ... the recipient can also hang this as an ornament on their Christmas tree.


My second sample is a little birdy Christmas tag. I've been seeing all of these cute Christmas tags made with the Stampin Up labels die cut. I just purchased the Spellbinders Labels Eight nesties and thought it would be fun to create a Christmas tag. I printed off the "Ho Ho Ho" sentiment from Ho Ho Hollydays several times on cardstock. I used my prismacolor pencils blended with baby oil to color in all of the "Ho's" and hollies. The "To: and From:" sentiments are computer generated. I used the cute birdy as my main image - printed twice and popped up with dimensionals. I stamped a snowflake in the background.

I can't believe Autumn is soon upon us and Christmas is just around the corner. The funny thing is in my parts, we are suddenly feeling the wrath of summer weather when it was only down to 50 degrees the other week! I guess that is Minnesota weather for yah, eh?

I am your LAST stop on the blog hop. Head on back to the ** Angels Landing blog ** to make sure you didn't miss anyone's blog. Make sure to leave some lovin' cuz you might just win some sets for yourself to play with.

Before you go, the party continues ... make your way to the Angels Landing SNR Group release party to do some chatting with  Judi, the DT members and even more chances to win random prizes. See you there! More deets here...

Thanks for coming by the Angels Landing bloggity hop!

43 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Alma, thanks for these delightful holiday ideas!! How fabulous!! Your beautifully colored images and wonderful projects show off the Ho Ho Holidays set at its very best!!

csroyal said...

These are just darling, Alma!! Beautifully done!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

These are just wonderful for the holidays. I especially love the gift card stocking. Waht a fun idea!!

Tink said...

I LOVE the Stocking!!

Godelieve said...

Fabulous fun project for the holidays! So creative!

Maria Matter said...

oh, how delightful!!!
These are just lovely creations Alma!
thanks for sharing!
blessings, Maria

Lisa Foster said...

These are such cute projects, Alma! I love them all! I'm always "stuck" on making just cards...thanks so much for your fab inspiration!
Hugs,
Lisa

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

What sweet projects!!!

Stampin2day said...

Love your cards! The images are so adorable! I'm adding to my must have list!

Broni said...

Alma, I LOVE that you made a stocking and a tag from these darling images! Too, too cute! Love how you used the ho-ho-ho too!!!

Teri C said...

Very cute! Wonderful job.

Kim said...

I absolutely love the argyle stocking! But,the little bird is just the cutest thing I have seen in a long time!
I'm a bit sad that you are the last, I want more :) great work!

Stampin2day said...

So beautiful! I love your creations!

Unknown said...

how cute! great projects.

Mae said...

Great projects. I will have to make myself some of those tags. Wonderful ideas.

Verda said...

Love your projects. Very pretty work

StampinCathy said...

What great and creative ideas. Love the money holder and the tag.

Donna said...

Two lovely projects Alma, love the gift card stocking idea, would be great for kids too, might do that for the grandkids. And the wee tag is so cute.....love how you've made a paper out of the ho ho ho sentiment and put the little birdie in a nestie.....looks fab.
hugs
Donna xx

*Alison* said...

WOW!! these are adorable.. I love the little stocking and that card.. the colors are wonderful.. HUGS www.stretchnbubbles.blogspot.com

Lauri said...

ALMA!!! The background paper is SO SO COOL!!!! Love it!! Cute stocking too!

Jennifer Scull said...

you are just one of the most creative and talented people around, Alma! I love what you have made with these cute digis!!! :)

Nancy said...

Very sweet!! Love the tags especially!

Michelle Redman said...

OMG Alma!! Your creaton are just sooo adorable!! I soo love the stocking!! It is going to be so awesome working with you during our DT term. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Alma, You are a GENIUS! :-D These are sooooooh stunning. I love how you used the ho ho ho as patterned paper. Brilliant & your colouring. Breathtaking as usual. You're makin me wanna stamp! hugs, :o) mel

Yelowflower said...

Those are great projects! thanks for sharing.

yelowflower at yahoo.com

Miss Sue said...

I love, love, love the stocking. Did I say I love the stocking? Fabulous job!!

Judi said...

What an absolutely wonderful idea - I am going to have to case this as the Christmas gifts for my brothers and sisters kids this year! GREAT idea!!!! Thank you so much for sharing, these are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love the stocking......need to check that pattern out and make one to send my little granddaughter. Thank you so much......you gave us a couple of great ideas.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

really cute! Beautiful projects...

Maxine said...

What a great way to end a blog hop. Thanks for the great ideas for Christmas!!!

redstamper7 said...

I just love the birdie note card. The ribbon just sets off the light blue so well.

Becky T

Jennifer Love said...

Get out! That is totally cute how you did the patterned Ho Ho Ho at the bottom. LOVEY!!

Julie said...

Oh, there is the cute little stocking from SNR...So cute and thanks for the link...
Julie

Shawna said...

AWWWW! Just so sweet! Great projects, fabulously done!

Nancy said...

This is so brilliant for the up comming season, Alma:O) Thank you for sharing.
Love the cute images, wonderful work.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Dishtowel Dame said...

Alma, you did a great job with the gift card stocking and tag. I especially love to make tags, and need to seriously start thinking ahead to getting my Christmas tags started. . . so thank you for the inspiration!
-Ann

Rebecca said...

I just love the little dog with his Santa cap on. That is absolutely adorable. What a cute project you made with it!

Angie Cortes said...

So ADORABLE!! Awesome projects!!

Lisa said...

These projects are absolutely precious!!!

Judi M said...

Alma, these are both adorable. Love the idea of making your own patterned paper with the Ho Ho Ho sentiment. I hadn't pictured a blue bird for Christmas, but you've managed to make him look appropriately wintry.

Thanks for uploading these photos to SNR. I'm using them to start off our seasonal slide show in the Angels Landing group there. :)

I'm so glad you were able to join us for this month's hop. BTW, I like that term "two-in-ones." I'll have to remember that.

Stephanie said...

Alma - these are absolutely wonderful. I love the tag - the shape and the dp you created!!

Rachel said...

absolutely gorgeous!!
hugs,
Rachel

Karen said...

These are both so sweet, love the stocking!