Sunday, September 6, 2009

Paper Maniac September Weekly Theme: Ribbon

Starting today, the Paper Maniac DT gals will be creating cards/projects dedicated to a weekly theme. This week, the Paper Maniac DT is showing off RIBBON!


Fall is just around the corner (it's already here in my parts of the country *sigh*) and soon Christmas will be here before we know it. I, for one, love to use ribbon when I can on my cards. For my sample, I was able to use two fun ribbon techniques: pleated and flower ribbon. The pleated look just adds so much dimension to the card in addition to the flower ribbon I created myself. You can find the tutorial here for the pleated ribbon technique. 

For the ribbon flower, I simply threaded the top part of the ribbon and pulled it together to gather the ribbon until it looked like a flower. I finished it off with a button in the middle. Then everything fell into place. I am happy that I got to play with some new Spellbinders Labels that just came in the mail.

The main image is hot chocolate from imaginisce that you can find in the Paper Maniac store for only $1 in the Dollar Store section. For added dimension, the image was stamped twice and popped up using Scotch mounting tape. I added Aleene's Paper Glaze to the heart in the middle of the cup. The patterned paper is imaginisce Polar Expression 12 x 12 Paper Pack - Collection 1. The sentiment "warm wishes" is computer generated and punched out with the word window punch from Stampin' Up. The base layer is Neenah 110# Solar White cardstock - very high quality and heavy cardstock great for the base layer. Believe me, it is even a heavier quality than Stampin' Up cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to stalk the DT blogs for ribbon inspiration throughout the week!





Stamps: imaginisce (Hot Chocolate)
Paper/Cardstock: Neenah (110# Solar White), imaginisce (Polar Expressions)
Ink/Embossing Powders: Palette (Noir)
Accessories/Tools: Spellbinders (Labels 4, Classic Circles), Stampin’ Up (Word Window Punch), Offray Grossgrain Ribbon, Sewing Thread, Vintage Button, Aleene’s Paper Glaze
Coloring: Prismacolor Pencils blended with Baby Oil

7 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Alma, I just love this your creations are amazing!!!TFS!!

Unknown said...

I love what you did with the ribbon. That rosette is awesome. Great card. I still haven't made mine for Wednesday.

Patti said...

Alma, this is stunning. I love the little ribbon rosette with button center. THere is so much attention to detail on this card.

Jessy said...

Alma- you did a fabulous job on this card. What a sweet image. And the ribbon work is truly amazing. LOVE your creation!!! :-)

Dishtowel Dame said...

Very cute! The cocoa image is sweet and I love the ribbon flower!
-Ann

Stephanie said...

Wow - you are sooooo talented with ribbon....I just love that rosette. It looks perfect on your card!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful card!