Thursday, September 24, 2009

Digiments September Release: Sneak Peek Day 2 - Favorite Aunt





This card is my original design today. The digiment  is part of the Favorites series. I decided to pair the digiment with a swirly butterfly stamped image. I recently won some blog candy from my friend Lauri Ingram (Paperville). I was so surprised when she sent me an email informing me that I had won! Woo Hoo! She sent me 3 different clear stamp sets from Hot off the Press - Silhouettes and Shadows, Flights of Fancy and Mix your Messages. They are totally my style of stamps! Wasn't that so nice of her to offer blog candy from her stash!!! Thanks so much Lauri!

I stamped the swirly butterfly using Palette Ink (Burnt Umber). Then I stamped just the butterfly on kraft cardstock and popped it up to give the illusion of flying and added a little bit of glitter glue on the wing swirls. The patterned papers are from Me and My Big Ideas paper stack. I added some cross-stitching at the top (hand stitched) and added a lace border on the bottom of the card. To give it more of a vintage feel, I sponged Creamy Caramel around the edges of the card. Instead of printing the digiment directly on paper or the card base, I created a tag that hangs from a string and satin ribbon. The tag has also been sponged with Creamy Caramel ink.

This is going to my aunt whose birthday is in October. I will most likely send her a matching set of cards as a birthday gift.

A FEW REMINDERS...

Don't miss the special contests Michelle is hosting on the store blog...so make sure to go back to the Digiments blog for each of the sneak peeks (Day 1 and Day 2) to win some fabulous prizes! All you have to do is leave a comment for each post. Also, don't forget the "Stamping for a Cause" contests from September 21 and 22 where you can download free digiments and enter your card(s) to win. You can find both posts here and here. The winners will be announced on Saturday.

I hope you have been enjoying all of the DT samples so far (make your rounds and leave some lovin'). We have one more day till release day so stay tuned tomorrow for more deliciousness.






Digital Stamp: Digiments (Favorites)
Stamps: Hot Off The Press (Silhouettes and Shadows)
Patterned Paper: Me and My Big Ideas
Cardstock: Kraft, White
Ink: Palette (Burnt Umber), Stampin' Up (Creamy Caramel)
Accessories: Sewing Thread, Martha Stewart Lace Punch, Paper Piercer, Pink Satin Ribbon, String, Small Corner Rounder, Crop-a-Dile

6 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

This is beautiful! Love it!
Hugs,
Lisa

Kerri said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Alma! I love the sponging, and that butterfly with the flourishes is beautiful! Love the dangling sentiment and your ribbon treatment too! Fabulous card : )

papertrails leaver said...

Alma-your work is always beautiful!this card is gorgeous!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card and the stichibg is a great touch

JazzyH said...

Beatiful card! I love the colors!

laos348 said...

Such a beautiful card - the colors are lovely.