Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh, BABY!

It must be baby frenzy season when you have to create more than one baby card. We have several friends and family having babies soon or have already delivered so I had to make a few baby cards and thought it would be fun to make a non-traditional one. So as I researched through the gallery, I found this template. I also took inspiration from other onesie cards I had seen in the SCS gallery. I had to make 3 boy cards and one girl card.


What is Curious George up to??? The first card I had to use my neglected Curious George stamp set that I *stole* (yes, I am a bad mommy) from my 4 yr old who had gotten it as a gift from my sister-in-law when he was only two years old. She gave him a Curious George gift set that contained stationary, a notebook, and the stamp set - he never saw it coming - tee hee! It wouldn't be a boy's card if Curious George wasn't on it.


The second card was made with my other neglected stamp set called "Happy Bug Day" which has been a retired TAC stamp set. I had so many actual onesies stamped with bugs (grasshopper) so I tried to simulate the same on my card. I made two of these cards.

The third card was made with the same TAC "Happy Bug Day" stamp set except with more girly colors. I used the ladybug stamp this time since it was the girliest stamp in the set other than the bumble bee. I also used my favorite cuttlebug embossing folder "Swiss Dots". I now also love to use 3D paint on my cards to make it look like a pearlized embellishment.

I can't figure out which one is my favorite because they all came out so darn cute!!!

CARD RECIPE: TAC Happy Bug Day, Curious George stamps; Bashful Blue, Summer Sun, Ruby Red cardstock; Bashful Blue, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blossom, Old Olive ink; Cricut MM cart for circle and scalloped circle; CB emobssing folder Swiss Dots, 3D paint Iridescent White Mist; Spring Bouquet punch, Silver eyelets, White mini flower eyelets, Dimensionals, Onesie template

2 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

These are cute Cute CUTE! Absolutely adorable. I love that you "stole" the curious George stamp. I'm so glad you did so I could see it on the world's cutest onesie! :O)

Diana said...

Lovely cards!! and that curious george stamp is great!! (I'm sorry for your boy lost, lol) and the TAC stamps is super cute, that is one I got with the 50% sale!!

Love your work!! so I will add it to my list!

Love,
Diana