Thursday, October 2, 2008

MFTSC50 - Hugs and Kisses


This is the second card I made using MFT's "How Sweet It Is" set. I was just getting done with my first card and saw that Frances (StampOwl) posted a new card sketch in the SCS MFT forum. I was ever so excited cause I got to use the same dp - can't fathom wasting paper. I normally don't get a chance to participate in challenges because all of my stamping is done after I've put the kids down for the night - that is if I not too tired to do anything else after that. I usually do stamping for special ocassions. It all came together after I colored the image. I decided to use circles for the sentiment instead of going across the boxes on the bottom - wanted to think out of the box. Then a "lightbulb moment" - I thought it would be really nice to finish off the card with a flower on the left hand side of the image. I've always admired those clear acrylic flowers I always see on people's cards so I made my own - out of acetate (aka transparency)...remember I am on a SAHM budget here. I used my baby Cricut and good ole' George (flower #2) to cut the flower. To make it stand it out, I cut out another flower with red cardstock (had to sponge it with real red because it wasn't dark enough). I then added some rhinestone bling in the center of the flower to finish it off. Now it matches the flowers on the couch!

I turned this in the MFT forum - MFTSC50 and crossing my fingers I get picked for the $5 gift certificate. If you hurry, you can still put in your card until October 5.

CARD RECIPE Stamps: MFT How Sweet It Is Paper: Chocolate Chip, Bliss Blue, Lime Green, Red cs, MME Magnolia dp Ink: SU markers, Sharpies Accesssories: Cricut MM and George, dimensionals, acetate/transparency sheet, rhinestone

1 comments:

Cassie said...

Hi Alma!! Really cute card - I also love the shopping one below!!

Welcome to blogland!!