Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hippy Birthday and Embossed Sympathy Cards



As promised, I finally got Janessa's card out in the mail today along with 2 animal books since Korin mentioned that she loves to read. I finally got to play with Gina K Designs "Just So Hippy" set. I picked the giraffe because the 2 animal books have giraffes in it. I colored it in with sharpies and SU markers with an aquapainter. My son also wanted to send a little something to Janessa to brighten her day and colored an image for her - he loves anything baseball!


Sympathy Card



This is the sympathy card I made for my aunt's husband. I haven't inked TAC "Tree Silouhettes" since I bought it last year. This stamp set is the inexpensive version of SU "Lovely as a Tree" and was retired last year. I literally made this card within 20-30 mins. World record for me since it usually takes me about 3-5 hours to make one card. With my 3 yr old daughter at my side, it was hard to put this together because she kept touching things she wasn't supposed to so I ended up giving her a pen to scribble on some paper while I embossed the trees and sponged on some color. In the midst of using my heat gun on the images, some of the embossing powder got in the sky part and partly on the ground, but it just looks like it is supposed to be part of the card - like it's snowing *wink*.

I did not get a chance to make a sympathy card for the Judd Family yet, as I was trying to get Janessa's and my aunt' package out in today's mail. My aunt's birthday is also on October 13 so I thought of sending her card and the sympathy card together since both cards were going to the same place. I sent her the Hugs and Kisses card I made in my previous post.

This is it for now...till next time!

Birthday CARD RECIPE Stamps: Gina K Just so Hippy Paper: Black, White, Light Purple cs Ink: SU markers, Sharpies Accesssories: Corner Rounder for scallop edges, Aquapainter, Diamond Stickles, Irisdescent White Mist 3d paint, Polka Dot ribbon

Sympathy CARD RECIPE Recipe Stamps: TAC Tree Silouhettes Paper: Dark Blue, White cs Ink: Not Quite Navy, Really Rust, Staz-on Timber Brown Accesssories: White embossing powder, Heat Gun, Twine, Sponge Dauber, Post-it Note for masking

0 comments: