Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Favorite Things - Here I Come!!!


I am so ever excited to post about two cards I made last night. I got to play with 2 My Favorite Things sets, "Say Charge" and "How Sweet It Is". I purchased a few from the BST forum on SCS to get my collection started. I got some of the oldies (but newbies to me) that I have been drooling over since MFT came out with these sets (last year?) . Yes, I keep up with the latest and greatest, but don't have the $$$ to buy everything so I just sit on the computer while the kids nap and drool like a baby getting its first teeth.

Anyway, I needed to make cards for some upcoming birthdays this month. We were invited to our neighbor's 40th surprise birthday party, but the kids both got sick after going camping this weekend that we are most likely not going to attend. But I did want to make her a card to let her know we were thinking of her. I used the set "Say Charge" for my first card. Mind you, this is the first MFT cards I have ever made. Since it is Fall around my part of the boonies, I decided to use some fall-ish theme for my color scheme. I used the ever so popular Faith's (markiesmom) technique with the dots. She loves to put lots of dots on her cards - she makes the most amazing cards.


This is also the first time I used Sharpie markers on the images. I normally do some kind of watercoloring technique on the images, but these ladies call for some vibrant color. I used my MME Magnolia designer paper I bought from Hobby Lobby two summers ago - yes, I like to hoard patterned paper and ribbon. I added some clear mini decorative accents that my MIL got for me at M's (I live in northern MN so no M's nearby - *sigh*). I guess these little minis are now discontinued at M's and she bought them on clearance. You should see what some the ladies on the cricut MB are doing with these little babies - they use alcohol inks to make custom colors. One of them is selling them in a nice plastic container already sorted out for you.

CARD RECIPE Stamps: MFT Say Charge Paper: Chocolate Chip, Bliss Blue, Pumpkin Pie cs, MME Magnolia dp Ink: SU markers, Sharpies Accesssories: Oval Nestabilities, dimensionals, wide grossgrain ribbon, clear mini home decor accents from M's

0 comments: