Thursday, July 2, 2009

Angels Landing: DT Featured Project - A Gift Set for Sparky

Today, I have two samples I wish to share with you using Angels Landing images. I just can't seem to put the Toys on Wheels and Alphabet Train digi-stamp sets down. I keep coming up with ideas - it's so ridiculous!



It is my job to show you how versatile these digi sets are and this time I created a gift set to welcome a new member of the family. Toys on Wheels not only caters to our human baby counterparts but also our furry little babies. My sister's family adopted a puppy not too long ago and thought this would be the perfect little gift. This would be, in essence, her first ever pet. She has a 2 yr old daughter and they bonded very quickly. She named him Sparky after a stuffed animal she had gotten as a gift from one of the grandmas. She did not want to confuse her daughter so the name kind of stuck. I think it suits the little guy pretty good.

I had been dying to try Tracy Harp's Box O' Animal Crackers tutorial (you can find it here) and this was the perfect opportunity, but I adjusted it to suit my project. The box stands 3 inches tall and 5 inches wide. It is so cute! For the flap I put a little piece of velcro to keep it closed (Tracy used a big brad on hers, but I don't have any of those on hand). I created my window with an oval coluzzle cutter. I put a baggie of biscuits in the box. I also added a little doggy (like he's looking through a window full of biscuits - YUM!).

For the frame, I used a 5x7 acrylic frame that I bought from Wal-mart so my sister can show off her puppy. I customized the bottom with the puppy's name on it using the Alphabet Train digi set. The letters were printed in size 1.5 x 1.29 inches.

And last not least, a gift set wouldn't be complete without a matching card. I had real fun with this one. Everyone who has a pet knows how much they become so much part of the family so I created a big heart cut with the Cricut and Design Studio software (from Okieladybug's Scrap N' More - click for .svg file here) and adhered a doggy popped up on dimensionals on top of it. I had some leather lace I bought from Wal-mart last year and thought this would be the perfect embellie so I printed off another doggy image. Only the head is popped up this time so that the leash sits just underneath the neck - the rest of the leash is glued on to the rest of the card. I used the blank tag from Pierced Tags and the sentiment "Good Boy" is computer generated using the font called Freebooter in size 36. I distressed the tag with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Tea Dye. It usually takes me awhile to come up with a card layout without using a sketch, but this came out pretty quickly. Both cardstock layers were embossed with the Argyle and Hearts Block embossing folders. Gotta love the cuttlebug.

There you have it - a gift for Sparky!


Stamps/Digital Images: Angels Landing (Toys on Wheels, Alphabet Train, Pierced Tags)
Patterned Paper: Unkown
Cardstock: Jo-Ann’s Value Paper Pad (Brown, Red, Blue), Unkown (Vanilla)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen), Scribbles 3D Paint (Shiny Barn Red)
Die Cut: Cricut Personal Die Cutting Machine, Cuttlebug (Heart Blocks, Argyle)
Ribbon: Tejas Lace Company (Black Leather Lace for leash)
Punch: Stampin’ Punch (Slit)
Coloring: Prismacolor Pencils (Copenhagen Blue, Process Red, Black)

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Oh wow wow wow!!! I Love this!!!! What a great idea for a new puppy!!!! or an old one like mine!! Wonderful inspiration! I agree..there are so many ideas, so little time!! Great work, Alma!

Ann said...

Oh my word, is this ever adorable!!! LOVE it!

Cheryl Walker said...

OMGosh this is way tooo cute!!!! I love how you you designed the doggy box with the treats, that is tooo cute!!!Great job hun!!!!

Have a wonderful night!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Denise Marzec said...

Oh I LOVE this!!...the doggie treat box and the card with the leash! TOO COOL!