Wednesday, July 29, 2009

PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

It's Wednesday today and guess what the theme is this week at Angels Landing. P-A-R-T-Y!!!


For my sample I chose to create a spinner card invitation and acetate favor box. I've always wanted to make a spinner card and, boy, it was sure fun to make! You can see below how interactive it is...




You can find the tutorial for the spinner card here (Angie Juda Kennedy aka ChicnScratch Live has a huge library of video tutorials - she ROCKS!). Because of the size of the card, I had to keep it simple on the outside. This was quite hard for me because I always have to add some kind of embellie to a card and I got away with adding a white grossgrain ribbon on the right corner. After watching Angie's video tut, I thought it was going to be hard to line up the punched middle where the sentiment goes, but it was quite easy. Now I have a template to use for any future cards I'll be making. Because I wasn't using an actual stamp for the sentiment, I had to figure out a way to line up the sentiment with the punched opening. I used Powerpoint to set my page and printer setting to to 2.5 x 5.5 inches. Then from Angie's directions, I created two guides exactly where I want the sentiment to be. I've posted a tutorial below for your reference.



For the inside of the card, I was able to simulate the same kind of font used for the sentiment and created an invitation. Isn't that bunny so cute? I am so glad that Judi included musical notes (she includes 3 sets of musical notes so that it is easier to piece them together like I did here without ruining the integrity of the image when resizing.

Wouldn't be cool to receive one of these in the mail??? So fun!


I created a matching acetate favor box filled with Hershey Kisses. I also used the thank you sentiment from Pierced Tags on the side. I was surprised to see how tiny this box came out to be when I finished putting it together - so cute! You can find the tutorial for the acetate box here. I might end up making these for my kids birthday parties.


Digital Images: Angels Landing (Marching Band 1, Pierced Tags)
Patterned Paper: DCWV (Nana’s Kids)
Cardstock: Unkown (Kraft, White)
Accessories: Offray (White Grossgrain Ribbon), Stampin’ Up (Word Window), Scotch Mounting Foam, 2 Pennies, Glitter, Transparency Sheet, Glue Dots, Tacky Tape

15 comments:

Lauri said...

What a great invite and favor box! Love your coloring too....hey what font did you use for the inside of the invite??

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Awesome card and favor, wish I lived closer I would have to stop by and snach me some of those goodies!

Just Me said...

WOW this is FABULOUS!! TFS

Lynn McAuley said...

That spinner invitation and treat box are absolutely FABULOUS!! What an inspiration your work is to me!! It is always over-the-top sensational!!

Katie Skiff said...

Super cute!! Thanks for the Digi Tutorial also!! Looks like fun!!

Stephanie said...

Love the size of your invite :) just terrific :)

Cheryl Walker said...

I love these, and love the images you used as well:)!!! You did an Awesome job on both, and thank you for the link I will have to give this a try!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so cute! Great work as usual!

Sparkplug17 said...

What a great set. Those favor boxes look yummy!

Judi M said...

Alma, this is such an adorable set. I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite, since they are both so special. What fun ideas you come up with. You've really been creating some remarkable projects with my digi-stamps. :)

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very Cute!!

Julie said...

Hi Alma, welcome to the paper maniac team! Another Minnes-OH-tan! :)

Rebecca said...

This is awesome! I love the background paper that you chose, and your coloring is fabulous! tfs your talent with us.

Dishtowel Dame said...

What an adorable card and treat box! You did a very nice job!

Cheryl said...

Love your projects! Waht a great type of card! The box of candy looks Yum!