Wednesday, July 8, 2009

TimNShells:Honey Do List Wooden Organizer

Can you believe in all of the DT hoopla that I forgot to mention that I am now part of TimNShells Digital Downloads. Shell held an informal DT call on SCS a couple of weeks ago and she was kind enough to invite me to be part of her up and coming digital company. She offers many cutesy but also many quite realistic images great for cardmaking and scrapbooking alike.

For my very first TimNShells sample, I used one of her newest images. With summer vacation in full swing, I thought this would be a great way to remind my hubby of things he needs to take care of around the house and the "Honey Do List" was born. I am always looking for things to alter and can you believe that I got this at a garage sale for only .10 cents? It says .25 cents on there, but because the goose on top was broken and it was the end of the day, the lady only charged me .10 cents for this???!!! How awesome is that?



Here is the finished product...a Honey Do List wooden organizer.





This was a pretty quick project except I had a hard time pulling off the broken goose but a little bit of elbow grease, I finally got goosey to go loosey - LOL! I repainted the whole thing with Memory Makers acrylic paint in Daiquiri. I simply printed off the image on white cardstock, colored with prismacolor pencils, and cut out the circles with my Nestabilities and Cuttlebug. I attached the scalloped piece with double stick tape. The sentiment is computer generated using a font called Pretty Baby on kraft cardstock. It's hard to see, but I used some Aleene's paper glaze on the honey jar and honeycomb. The middle piece comes off easily so I replace the raffia that came with the wooden organizer with some string and replaced the paper pad with some paper of my own. I used the crop-a-dile to make the holes in the paper so I could thread the string through.

The bear holding the honey is so fitting for this type of project. As soon as I saw this image, I knew what I wanted to use it for. I was lucky enough to have found this wooden organizer at a garage sale and practically got it for free!

I'll have some more TimNShells samples to share in the next couple of days so make sure to come on back, ya hear?


Digital Images: TimnShells (Bear with Honey)
Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White), Jo-Ann’s Value Paper Pad (Red)
Ink: Making Memories Scrapbook Colors Kit Paint(Daiquiri)
Die Cut: Spellbinders Nestabilities (Classic Circles)
Accessories: String, Aleenes’ Paper Glaze
Coloring: Prismacolor Pencils blended with baby oil (Copenhagen Blue, Periwinkle, Process Red, Limepeel, Canary Yellow, Goldenrod, White, Light Umber, Sienna Brown, Beige, Crimson Red, Spring Green)

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

This is another great project. What a great way to use a yard sale find. I love the paper that you decided to use, it really catches my eyes and makes me look more at the bear, too!