Monday, July 6, 2009

A Wink and a Smile - Sheetload of Cards July Sample Card #2



This week, Sheetload of Cards and the Shortcuts DT is pairing up with Caardvarks to make some fabulous samples using the sketch from the July issue. The Caardvarks DT are using Shortcuts products for their samples.


This is the second sample card featured in the July ezine. For this one, I created a 5.5 inch square card. This card uses an image called Cat and Butterfly from our July sponsor, Squigglefly. Instead of using fiber on the left hand side of the card, I cut a slit where the patterned paper slides through. I used my ruler and a pencil to lightly mark where I wanted the slit to end and how wide I wanted it. Then I used a craft knife and the ruler to make I was cutting a straight line. I slid patterned paper through and adhered the back with double stick tape (my all fave adhesive) making sure I did not put any tape where the patterned paper would show through the inside of the card. Otherwise, if the opening on the inside of the card bothered you, then you could attach a piece of cardstock on the back to hide the opening (which is what I did with this card) and can give you more writing space if you like writing novels like me - LOL! I used my classic circle nesties once the image was printed. I added a vellum sentiment from the DCWV "Quote Stacks" pad with some awesome Love and Friendship Quotes. I don't know why I didn't use the vellum quotes sooner. Since this vellum is a little more see-through, I added a brad on each end to keep it in place as well as two other brad embellies on each corner of the patterned paper. I wanted to keep this card simple and I think it came out just perfect.

Make some time to participate and you might just win some fab prizes too! Make sure to stop by the other DT's blogs and Caardvarks blog to see their fabulous samples this week.


Digital Stamps: Squigglefly (Cat and Butterfly)
Patterned Paper: Unkown
Cardstock: Unkown (Kraft, Vanilla)
Sentiment: DCWV (Vellum Quote Stacks)
Brads: Jo-Ann's (Vintage); Die Cut: Spellbinders (Classic Circles)
Coloring: Prismacolor Pencils blended with Baby Oil (Goldenrod, Periwinkle, Warm Grey 70%)



MAKE IT YOUR OWN: Created a long slit on the side of the cardstock where the patterned paper slides in and added a vellum sentiment in place of the fiber. Vellum sentiment is held in place with brads. Size of card is 5.5 square.

4 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very cute!!

Michelle said...

Kraft and vellum...hmmm....I like it! this is a lovely card - - hope you had a nice holiday, Alma!

Judi M said...

Sweet card. That's a neat idea to make a gap in the background DP to display the vellum sentiment.

Denise Marzec said...

LOVE that you did sentiment on vellum, and that DP is gorgeous!!